About us

Love your neighbor as yourself.

 

Trinity is an active congregation located near the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Through our outreach programs, we share the love of God with our neighbors and community.

All are welcome. 

We are a diverse congregation worshipping in the Episcopal tradition. In this time of COVID-19, we continue to offer online formation for all ages.

 

Clergy staff and vestry support faith development through deep spiritual nourishment, and through our ministries which serve the Trinity community, Fredericksburg and beyond.  Programs such as Micah Ecumenical Ministries, which helps meet the needs of the homeless in our community, was founded at Trinity.

 

To put it quite simply, we invite you to come and see what's possible when people gather to express God's love for the world. 

Our Clergy:
716 (1).jpg
bambiwillis2019.png
169355230_10225581804640847_7721836171000499624_n.jpg
The Rev. Cynthia McKenna
The Rev. Bambi Willis

Assisting Priest

bcwillis@aol.com

The Rev. Ethan Lowery

Campus and Young Adult Missioner

missioner@thehousefxbg.org

Our Staff:
MicheleBrantley_200x300.png
Michele Brantley
IMG-9867.jpg
Roger L. Long
SylviaBurton_200x300.png
Sylvia "Sam" Burton

Director of Christian Education

sburton@trinity-fredericksburg.org

MichaelQuintana--Headshot.jpeg
Michael Quintana

Director of Communications

michael@trinity-fredericksburg.org

BJJarvis_200x300.png
William "BJ" Jarvis

Cafe Trinity Manager

chefbj@hotmail.com

Office Volunteers:
Brenda Chase
Claire Curcio
Carol Walker

 
Our Vestry:
Harry Dickinson - Senior Warden
David Stokes - Junior Warden
David Hosaflook - Register
Val Folden -  Treasurer 

Tim Allison
Brenda Chase
Randall Clingenpeel 
Claire Curcio
Karen Harrison
Sven Rundman
Leticia Thomas
Carol Walker
Our Mission

Our mission is to share Christ's love and grace in a vibrant community whose joyful spirit empowers people to do God's work.

Our Vision

To love and serve one another so we may love and serve God's world.

Our History

1877


The original congregation of Trinity Episcopal Church began with thirty-six communicants. The Reverend Edmund C. Murdaugh was our first Rector.

1881


The "original thirty-six" built what is now considered the "old" Trinity, located at the corner of Hanover and Prince Edward Streets. We had our first service on Christmas Day, 1881.

1959


The doors of “new” Trinity, at its present location of William Street and College Avenue, opened for services in September. The altar, and many of the furnishings from the original Trinity, were incorporated into the new building.

1982


The Jamison Hall addition was completed to provide additional classroom space.

Want to know about the Episcopal Church?

What do Episcopalians believe and what is the "Jesus Movement"? The Episcopal Church is a great place to start.

Trinity is part of The Diocese of Virginia and the Fredericksburg region. Learn more about what we are doing in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Learn more about The Anglican Communion and how Trinity fits in.