The Brotherhood of Saint Andrew

The Brotherhood of St. Andrew has been bringing men and youth to Jesus Christ since its founding on the cold, wintry day of Nov. 30, 1883 at St. James’ Episcopal Church in downtown Chicago. Homeless men were sleeping on the city’s downtown streets – and it was these men the fledgling Brotherhood wanted to save.  

 

There are three disciplines Brothers Andrew follow:

  • Prayer

  • Bible study

  • Service


Today, the Brotherhood of St. Andrew is a worldwide ministry with chapters in Africa, Japan, the Philippines, Great Britain, Canada, Haiti and the United States. Its 4,000+ members in 350+ U.S. chapters perform a myriad of ministries, from building and operating a medical mission ship to sponsoring homes for women and children-in-need. 


The Trinity Chapter of the Brotherhood of St. Andrew was chartered in November 1986.  The chapter has the second largest number of members in the Diocese of Virginia with over 30 members. They actively participate in activities both in Trinity and the local Fredericksburg community.  

The Brotherhood meets the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month via Zoom or in-person in Barber Hall. Contact John Henze for more information